Acne on the back and chest are usually caused by acne vulgaris or pityrosporum folliculitis (pustules due to the skin yeast pityrosporum).
DERMEXCEL™ BODY BREAKOUTS TREATMENT STRATEGY:
1. Resurface epidermis (exfoliate dead skin cells):
2. Control bacterial and fungal growth:
Control the growth of bacteria and yeast with fungistatic and bacteriostatic Zinc Pyrithione. The escalating incidence of antibiotic resistance is an important consideration when treating the bacterial aspect of acne. Research suggests that as many as 60% of acne patients exhibit antibiotic-resistant strains of P. acnes. (Simonart T, Dramaix M. Treatment of acne with topical antibiotics: lessons from clinical studies. J Dermatol. 2005;153:395.) - Medi-Zinc Cleanser
3. Decongest pores and treat inflammation:
- Unclog pores with salicylic acid and glycolic acid.
4. Control sebum (oil):
- Niacinamide: Inhibit lipogenesis (formation of oil) - Acne repair serum
- Zinc PCA: Decrease sebum secretion - Acne Repair serum.