- Rosacea / red skin
- Spider veins
- Bruised skin
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Dry and dehydrated skin
- Impaired skin barrier
- Phylloquinone (Vitamin K)
- Tocopherol (Vitamin E)
- Jojoba oil
SKIN BARRIER COMPONENTS:
- Free Fatty Acids
- Jojoba oil
- Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides
- Jojoba oil
- Stearic acid
- Jojoba oil
FULL INGREDIENT LIST:
Aqua, Cetyl alcohol, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Stearic acid, Jojoba oil, Polysorbate 20, Lanolin, Phylloquinone, Arnica oil, Marine exopolysaccharide, Acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, 4-Ethoxybenzaldehyde, Tocopherol, Triethanolamine.
TIME OF APPLICATION:
- Apply in the morning and/or evening on cleansed skin after treatment serums.
FREQUENCY OF APPLICATION:
- Use daily and/or evening or follow your Dermal Diagnosis treatment plan directions.
FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR MOISTURISER:
- Apply DermRepair to damp skin. Moisturisers are most effective if you use them while your skin is still damp because damp skin absorbs the product more readily. That also gives the moisturiser a chance to lock in that hydration.
DERMREPAIR™ treatment objectives
Reduce the inflammatory response with Anti-Inflammatory agents.
Increase the moisture content of the epidermis with Humectants.
Fill the gaps between skin cells and replace missing lipids with Emollients.
Create a protective layer on top of the skin to prevent water loss and “seal” in moisture with Occlucives.
Improve and support vein wall integrity and health with vascular vitamin K.
Induce the blood clotting cascade to stop bleeding and bruise formation with Vitamin K and Arnica.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS IN DERMREPAIR™
- Vitamin K is essential in the body's healing process as it is responsible for blood clotting and wound healing.
Blood Vessel Repair:
- Vitamin K improves and maintains blood vessel elasticity and vein integrity.
- Vitamin K can minimise broken capillaries under the skin and helps with varicose veins. Vitamin K produces a protein that lowers vascular proliferation and mineralisation, which can halt the development of varicose veins.
- Vitamin K has an important role in the 'mop-up' of extravasated breakdown products of blood – i.e. haemosiderin deposition. This is responsible for the change from reddish to the brownish colour of a bruise but also for the facilitation of the ultimate resolution in the aftermath of the bruising process.
- Vitamin K is a coenzyme that speeds up a reaction without destroying itself.
- Vitamin K is a coenzyme that works with Matrix γ-carboxyglutamic acid protein.
This protein inhibits the calcification (hardening) of elastin. This calcification leads to an inflammatory process and is part of the aging process.
- In this action as a coenzyme, vitamin K keeps elastin ( the soft connective tissue) from deterioration.
- Vitamin K inhibits the inflammation cascade and is, therefore, beneficial for conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Vitamin K acts as an anti-inflammatory by suppressing nuclear factor κB (NF-κB) signal transduction.
- Vitamin K protects against oxidative stress by blocking the generation of reactive oxygen species.
- Vitamin K strengthens the skin's natural barrier function, enabling it to grow stronger and retain hydration for longer.
A naturally anti-bacterial, moisturising emollient that contains antioxidants and is non-comedogenic (does not clog pores).
- Jojoba oil has a structural similarity with skin sebum, leading to a smoothing effect on dry skin.
- Unlike other exotic oils like argan, coconut, and olive, jojoba oil has a chemical composition that mimics your skin’s sebum more closely than any other oil.
- Jojoba oil's unique structure, which is based on straight-chain Omega 9 esters, has soothing and repairing effects while deeply moisturising the skin.
- Jojoba roots have demonstrated antimicrobial activity against several pathogens, including Candida albicans.
4-Ethoxybenzaldehyde is the first and only ingredient proven to inhibit the release of Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2).
Suppressing Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) physiologically treats:
- Skin redness
- Skin aging
Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) causing redness and inflammation:
Prostaglandins are a group of physiologically active signalling molecules found in almost every tissue in humans.
- PGE2 is a potent inflammatory mediator leading to inflammation, pain, and cell injury.
- PGE2 exacerbates chronic inflammation and various autoimmune diseases.
- PGE2 exacerbates inflammation reactions by:
- Inducing vascular hyperpermeability - the excessive leakage of fluid and proteins from blood vessels to the interstitial space.
- Relaxing the vascular smooth muscle (causing vasodilatation). This process induces red flare, heat and swelling.
Prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) accelerating the skin aging process:
- PGE2 inhibits collagen production.
- PGE2 induces matrix metallopeptidase 1 (MMP1) expression by fibroblasts. MMPs are responsible for degrading the extracellular matrix (ECM) proteins such as collagen, fibronectin, elastin, and proteoglycans, contributing to photoaging.
- Humectant. It allows the skin to retain moisture. It increases skin hydration, relieves dryness, and refreshes the skin’s surface.
- Emollient. Soften rough or dry patches on the skin.
- Anti-microbial. Help to protect the skin from harmful microorganisms.
Medilan™ is Super Refined and highly purified lanolin, clinically proven to reduce the signs and symptoms of very dry, cracked skin.
Medilan™ has clinically proven safety and efficacy, designed to treat skin barrier impairment and severely compromised skin conditions such as rosacea, eczema and psoriasis.
Medilan™'s exceptional purity surpasses that of monograph compliance and has excellent performance in clinical trials.
Being rich in cholesterol and other sterols, lanolin imparts emollient and moisturising properties similar to natural skin lipids.
Medilan™ is hypoallergenic and delivers outstanding efficacy in dermatological applications.
Lanolin efficacy as a medical material and acceptance in Pharmaceutical Industry is reflected in the fact that all major Pharmacopoeia contain monographs for lanolin.
Replenishing essential lipids:
- Medilan™ supplement the skin with the lipids essential to skin health.
- Medilan™ imitate and augment many of the skin's natural lipids due to its chemical and physical similarity.
Repairing the skin’s natural barrier:
- Medilan™ is effective in accelerating the repair of the skin’s natural barrier function.
Protecting against microbial infection:
Medilan is proven to control a variety of microorganisms.
- Staphylococcus aureus is a gram-positive bacteria responsible for the infection that leads to inflammatory symptoms in eczema sufferers. Medilan has been proven to reduce colonies of this bacteria by 99% after 24 hours.
- Candidiasis is an overgrowth of yeast that leads to unpleasant symptoms, such as itching and soreness around the skin's mucous membranes. Medilan has been proven to reduce the levels of Candida albicans to a level that controls candidiasis symptoms.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa is a gram negative bacteria that can attack wound sites and lead to infection. Wound infection is common in immunocompromised individuals. Medilan has shown potent antibacterial effects against this organism.
- Medilan imitates many of the functions of human skin lipids.
- Medilan is nearly twice as effective as the physiological lipids in human skin.
- In clinical trials, Medilan maintain skin hydration for up to 2 days after application.
- In clinical trials, Medilan increased the rate of epidermal healing by 35% due to its ability to create a moist wound-healing environment.
- Studies have shown no allergic or irritant skin reactions to Medilan, even in severely compromised skin.
Stearic acid is a long-chain saturated fatty acid and is known to be the best fatty acid choice for barrier repair moisturisers.
Very important in general skin health:
- Fatty acids directly affect skin health because they influence the fluidity of cell membranes which regulate the entry and exit of molecules into cells.
- Fatty acids also directly affect general health because they play a role in many important cellular processes. For example, fatty acids get involved in cellular communication and are involved in immune system response.
Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides is a highly effective alternative for the popular and well-loved hyaluronic acid (HA).
- Rich in glucuronic acid, it is a hygroscopic ingredient meaning it is excellent at hydrating the skin's surface and retaining water.
- Much like HA, it acts like a sponge and draws in every ounce of water and locks it into the skin, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and giving you a smoothing finish to your complexion by decreasing any signs of roughness to the skin.
- The long-lasting hydration also helps combat the effects of free radical damage, such as exposure to harmful UV rays and pollution.
Clinical studies on pseudoalteromonas ferment extract have demonstrated that it dramatically increases hydration levels in as little as seven days. With continued use over 28 days, a significant reduction in fine lines and crow's feet was observed.
- Increases hydration by helping skin retain water and preventing water loss.
- Heals skin through its regeneration properties.
- Increases collagen and elastin production to reduce wrinkle formation.
- Forms a film on the surface of the skin to boost hydration and tighten skin.
An active ingredient known for soothing damaged skin and bruising; beneficial for inflammation and skin irritations.
Accelerate wound healing and recovery:
- Topical Arnica has anti-inflammatory action.
- Arnica stimulates blood circulation and the flow of white blood cells to accelerate wound healing.
- Swelling (oedema) is caused by inflammation and fluid retention. The antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in arnica help to prevent facial puffiness.
INDICATIONS FOR DERMREPAIR™
- Rosacea and red skin
- Inflammatory skin conditions
- Post-treatment bruising
- Telangiectasias / Spider veins
- Injured skin
- Dry / Dehydrated skin
WHICH DERMEXCEL™ MOISTURISER SHOULD MY PATIENT USE?
ROSACEA STAGES AND TREATMENT OBJECTIVES
A constant interplay exists among the skin, micro-organisms, and the environment to maintain a delicate balance. Disturbance of this balance negatively influences both the microflora and skin health.
In Rosacea, the micro-environment of the affected skin is substantially altered, resulting in a shift in the proportion or speciation of the resident microflora. Several micro-organisms have been shown to be increased or immuno-reactive in patients with rosacea.
Or skin contains pattern recognition receptors (PPR). These receptors detect harmful bacteria on our skin. When they detect these harmful bacteria, they bind to them and activate an immune response.
Receptors (PPR) don't activate the immune response for normal micro-flora on our skin. Rosacea-prone skin receptors (PPR) are hyper-reactive and/or have decreased tolerance. They have heightened sensitivity and trigger the inflammatory response of normal microbes, leading to the initial signs of rosacea.
Healthy skin with a perfect balance between normal micro-flora and skin receptors.
The function of the receptors (PPR): Detect and bind harmful molecules and activate the immune response. These receptors should not trigger an immune response by binding to normal micro-flora.
PPR (receptors) of Rosacea-prone skin bind to normal flora (they are not supposed to) and activate the immune response that causes inflammation.
PPR (receptors) of Rosacea-prone skin is hyper-reactive and sensitive. They can be activated by various environmental agents (fragrance, heat, spicy food, etc.)
This inflammatory environment leads to increased leucocyte and cathelicidin expression (anti-microbial peptide), causing certain normal microbes to be eliminated.
With normal flora out of the way, the opportunity arise for the overgrowth of other microbes to fill the space of the eliminated normal flora. The normal microbes' balance gets disturbed.
Alterations in the micro-flora create a further imbalance that further elevates the inflammation process.
This leads to the worsening of the disease, and symptoms become more severe.
ROSACEA TREATMENT WITH DERMREPAIR™
- Strengthen skin's natural barrier
- Improves and maintains blood vessel elasticity and vein integrity
- Accelerate wound healing and recovery
- Decrease swelling (oedema)
- Hydrate, sooth and repair
- Anti-microbial: Help to protect the skin from harmful microorganisms.
- Anti-inflammatory and prostaglandin E2 suppressor that physiologically reduce redness and inflammation.
- It increases skin hydration, relieves dryness, and refreshes the skin’s surface.
- Anti-microbial: Help to protect the skin from harmful microorganisms.
- Pseudoalteromonas Exopolysaccharides dramatically increase skin hydration.
DERMEXCEL™ HYDRATORS & MOISTURISERS REVIEWS
TREATMENT PACKS CONTAINING LITADERM SERUM
PIGMENTATION TREATMENT PACKS
ROSACEA TREATMENT PACKS
ACNE TREATMENT PACKS
"I recommend DermExcel to all my patients. Not only is it formulated by the best pharmacologists in the industry, it's also the best value for money skin care range available" .
Dr. Y Lamberts
"DermExcel brings a whole new dimension to the science-based, medical practitioner powered skincare we recommend to our patients. It's also the skincare range I personally use every day."
Dr. C Giezing
"I see impressive results with DermExcel in my practice. My patients are amazed by the results".
Dr. N Msizi
Medical-grade skin care products formulated according to pharmaceutical standards of purity, potency, and stability. All active ingredients, and the concentrations and dosing protocols in which they are used, are supported by data published in the peer-reviewed medical literature.
DermExcel™ takes an easy, effective and affordable approach to evaluating and treating the skin. Targeted treatments to improve skin conditions and maintain skin health.
While each ingredient has been tested and is considered safe for topical application, DermExcel™ products have not been tested on pregnant or breastfeeding women.
When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as DermExcel™ Retinol serum. Always consult with your doctor if you are unsure about the safety of use during pregnancy.
For more information on product safety during pregnancy: click here.
Medical skincare products are more focused on the formulation of advanced serums rather that moisturisers for the following reason:
Moisturisers are primarily designed to hydrate the skin by adding to- and sealing in the natural moisture of the body. Although moisturisers often contain ingredients to target specific issues like aging or sun damage, their main role is to get hydration to the skin and keep it there.
Serums, on the other hand, are formulated to penetrate deeply into the skin and address or even reverse the causes of aging and skin damage at the cellular level. Serums contain more active ingredients, antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins that work to repair the structure of skin cells, increasing skin radiance, smoothness, and suppleness.
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase after receiving the Product, you may return it to Dermal Health Science™ within 30 (thirty) days of delivery, without reason and without penalty, in order to obtain a full purchase price refund, in accordance with the return procedure set out in our return policy.
Click here to be directed to our return policy.
Dermal Health Science™ products are formulated and manufactured in a facility regulated by the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC), the regulator established in terms of the Pharmacy Act, 1974 (Act 53 of 1974).
All product formulations are free from any known or common allergens.
DermExcel products are:
Click here to learn more about Dermal Health Science™
Orders are processed and shipped within 48 hours after proof payment is received.
South African orders are shipped from Pretoria and we mostly make use of The Courier Guy for deliveries.